2021 Teen Drawing Contest
The practical step-by-step guide to drawing cartoons, manga and anime : expert techniques and projects, shown in more than 2500 illustrations
Drawing manga faces and bodies
Manga for the Beginner : Everything You Need to Know to Get Started Right Away!
Manga Mania Video Games : How to Draw the Characters & Environments of Manga Video Games
Manga Mania Villains : How to Draw the Dastardly Characters of Japanese Comics
Drawing manga : animals, chibis, and other adorable creatures
The drawing lesson : a graphic novel that teaches you how to draw
Ages 12-18. Draw a single or multi-paneled comic strip, create your own character, or draw a book illustration. All artwork will be displayed at the Main Library.
The public will vote on their favorite pieces. Drawings can be submitted to any Library location beginning June 1 and ending July 31.
- One entry per teen
- Any character/story descriptions must be typed
- Teens should not include their name anywhere visible on the entry, for privacy purposes--each entry will be assigned a number for patron voting
- Teens will be required to submit an entry form with their entry
- One-panel comic: Contained on one page
- Four-panel comic (like Peanuts/Garfield): Preferably a page worth of panels
- Design a character: Must include at least one full-body drawing & one face/profile drawing. Must submit a back story for the character that is 1-2 paragraphs in length
- Book illustration: Create a one-page illustration for a children's (picture) book or book for teens. Must submit a back story for their book illustration that is 1-2 paragraphs in length detailing the book's storyline and what is happening in the scene